If you want to get notified about a new email on a computer or mobile phone including Android and iOS, then follow these instructions.
It is always a good idea to get notified of new emails so that you don’t miss out on anything important.
And you can always turn off notifications if it is already on.
So here it is:
How to Turn on Gmail Notifications in Computer
You can get Gmail notifications on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari by following these steps.
- In Gmail go to settings by clicking the gear icon on the right-hand side
- In the general tab scroll down until you see “Desktop notifications“.
- Click on “Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail.” and then select one of the 2 options to receive notifications. New mail or Important mail notifications. Every time you click on the star icon beside each email you set it as an important mail.
How to Turn on Gmail Notifications in Android
- Open the Gmail app and go to settings by tapping the menu on the top left
- Select your email account and set notifications to All or High priority only.
How to Turn on Gmail Notifications in iPhone and iPad
- Open the Gmail app and tap Menu Settings .
- Select your account and set notifications according to your needs.