Vmware Player is a free software to download and is the best Free Virtualization Software out there. You cannot ask for more with Vmware player because it is like a 1000$ virtualization software which is actually free.
Vmware are the biggest players in the Virtualization market and they have been in the elite position for a very long time now. I don’t think any other company can topple its place in the world of Virtualization.
What is a Free Virtualization Software anyways?
Have you ever taken access of another computer? If not download the best free Remote Access Software called as Teamviewer.
Also learn: What is Software as a Service
- How does it feel to run more than 4 Operating systems without creating whole lot of partitions and other problems?
- If you have Windows XP installed then you can try many other OS like inside an application
- It’s like computer inside another computer. With no limitation.
- The OS that you install through the free virtualization software is as good as an actual OS.
Also read this post: Free VPN service
These are the guest Operating systems that you can run through Vmware Player:
The operating systems listed here have been tested in VMware Workstation 5 virtual machines and are officially supported. For notes on installing the most common guest operating systems, see the VMware Guest Operating System Installation Guide, available from the VMware Web site or from the Help menu.
- FreeBSD 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6.2, 4.8, 5.0
Note: If you use SCSI virtual disks larger than 2GB with FreeBSD 4.0-4.3, there are known problems, and the guest operating system does not boot. To work around this issue, see the VMware Guest Operating System Installation Guide, available from the VMware Web site or from the Help menu.
- Experimental support for Solaris x86 Platform Edition 9, 10 beta
You will not lose anything so give a try on this wonderful Free Virtualization Software. Vmware Player is the future of the household PC, so try it before it is out in open.
Virtualization Software like Vmware Player is very useful for students and tech enthusiasts who can work on multiple operating systems without spending anything on a new computer or other additional expenses.