If you are looking for some of the Best Online Tools & Tips To Work From Home this topic is for you.
You can use these to increase your productivity while working from home and save time and energy.
A lot of people stay far away from their office, which is not only disadvantageous to employees but also for the company.
It is a new era that we live in and working from home is the new normal. It increases the productivity level when compared to working from an office and also is safe and advantageous.
10 Advantages of Working from Home vs Office:
These are some of the main reasons why you would choose to work from home when compared to an office:
- You can save time by avoiding long commutes (road traffic, pollution)
- Working from an office causes a lot of unwanted stress
- It is very relaxing working from your own house (food, beverages)
- You do not have to worry about the break timings (stipulated)
- It is very tiring at the end of the day (no energy for leisure activities)
- You can be with your family members, which is very calming (love, affection, care)
- You can be in your casual dress (uncomfortable formal attire)
- You can avoid spreadable diseases and stay more hygienic (touch, cough)
- Save money a lot of ways on unnecessary personal expenditure
- You can use your laptop in more than 1 place (to avoid lethargy)
1) Stay Productive while using the Computer
- You can Google “stopwatch” or “timer” based on your requirement when you are on the computer. Use both the tools to time any of your activities.
- If you use Chrome, try StayFocusd, Google Keep, and Block Site.
- If you use Firefox try LeechBlock, Forest, and Momentum.
- Tired eyes, sleep cycle disturbed? Use F.lux, it adapts the computer screen brightness to natural lighting in your room. Softer light during the day and warm at night.
- Click the mouse wheel to open links in a new tab and to close tabs easily.
- Check out these 200 Keyboard shortcuts on Hongkiat.com, 222 Excel shortcuts (both Windows and MAC) on ExcelJet, and Word Shortcuts (Microsoft).
- Maintain body posture while using the computer and avoid unwanted pain with these helpful tips: Lifesworkpt.com
2) Online Tools to increase productivity
These are some of the best and free online tools to increase your productivity level and save a lot of time and efficiency.
- Use free Google services such as Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides, Translate, Drive, Hangouts, Calendar, and Keep.
- nTask – Free (up to 5 members) Online Task Management for Groups
- Todoist – Free (Up to 80 projects and 5 people) Organizer
- Grammarly – Free Online Writing Assistant (Avoid typing errors)
- Prana Breath – To stay calm and meditate
- Slack – Replacement for the traditional email
- Canva – Free Online Designing and Graphics tool
3) Free Productivity Mobile Apps – Android
It’s very natural to pick up your mobile phone and distract yourself playing games and using other non-productive apps. If you would like to remind yourself about staying productive using your mobile phone, then try some of these free apps:
- Boosted – Productivity and Time tracker
- Productivity Challenge Timer
- Habit Breaker
- Before Launcher (Minimal distraction-free launcher)
- Brain Focus Productivity Timer
I hope you were able to find the app or the online tool you were looking for. It will definitely help you make the best out of the current crisis that the whole world is going through.
It is a blessing in disguise to work from home. It helps you avoid going through the trouble of increasing your chance of getting infected.
I hope you have a great time working from home with your family. Please do share it with your colleagues and friends to help them out as well.