You can use the following 10 Image Search Engine to get the image that you been looking for. You can get photos of different colors, shapes, sizes and more with these websites.
When was the last time you were scouring the Internet for an image of a celebrity, automobile, cartoon character, Abstract or even a Cat on an Image search?
It’s quite evident that Google is the mother of all search engines and you might have experienced it as well. The Google Image search engine is also very good and the recently added layout and new features has definitely enhanced the experience of its users.
In order to satisfy your quench for the best image search engine I have collected a list of websites which can do the job for you with different features. You be the judge and tell us which of these image search engines you liked the most with a reason.
Here we go, the list is as follows:
1) Google Image Search – http://images.google.com/
At least if you consider my experience Google Image Search was and is the best of the lot. So I give it the first place followed by its competitors.
I like this more than any other website because the results are very precise to what I have been looking for. Plus for the following features:
- Search for images with past 24 hours, past week or a custom range of time.
- Search images by Subject. (extended image search for the keyword)
- Display image results by size: Large, medium, icon or larger than or exactly what you want it to be.
- Pick color if your choice or by full color/ Black and White.
- Type of Image: Face, Photo, Clip art or Line drawing.
- Enable Show sizes to see the exact resolution of the images.
- Lastly, the related image searches at the top of the screen which is very useful.
(Google Images gets new features all the time and this is one of the reason why I pick Google over everything. Also check this out: thenextweb.com)
<Interesting link: 10 Google Search tricks>
2) Bing Image Search – http://www.bing.com/images
Bing Image Search from Microsoft is a very useful image search engine on the Internet.
When you search for an image on Bing you will be displayed with a huge number of results on the screen. The image results can be sorted out according to size, color, style, layout and People.
- Size – Small, Medium, Large or Wallpaper
- Color – Full Color, Black & White or Specific Color
- Style – Photograph, Clipart or Line Drawing
- Layout – Square, Wide or Tall
- People – Just Faces or Head & Shoulders
Apart from this you will also be displayed with related keywords for what you been searching for.
(Check out the following link from MakeUseOf.com which talks about the difference in Google and Bing Image Search results: www.makeuseof.com)
3) Yahoo Images – http://images.search.yahoo.com/
Yahoo Image Search is one more option that you should try out today. When you search for an image the results window is very well organized (neatly displayed). There are a few ways to filter the image results:
- By Top Images or Galleries (if any)
- Anytime or by Latest images
- All Sources or from Yahoo HQ
- Sizes – Wallpaper, Large, Medium, Icon
- Colors – Black and White or Full color
(Recent news about Yahoo Images collaboration with Getty: news.cnet.com)
4) Pic Search – http://www.picsearch.com/
Picsearch.com has over 3,000,000,000 pictures in its index and its worth giving it a try. There is this one option that might come in handy at time, you can search images with animation. The rest of features are very common and basic though.
5) Exalead – http://www.exalead.com/search/image/
With Exalead you can search for images with these extra features:
- Realism – Graphic, Photo
- Image filetypes – jpeg, gif, png
- Orientation – Landscape, Portrait
- Plus you can directly save the image from the results page by clicking on ‘Save’.
6) Incogna – http://www.incogna.com
Incogna is a visual image search engine that you can use it to search for similar images based on the dimensions and shape images. All you need to do is click on any of the image that you searched for on the screen and you will get similar images automatically.
7) Getty Images – http://www.gettyimages.com
This website is very useful when you are trying to find copyright based images (free/paid).
8) Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/search/
Using Flickr image search you can easily find a huge collection of images that you are looking for. When you try the advanced search feature on Flickr you can easily sort the images by:
- Content type – Photos/Videos, Screenshots, Animation/Art/Illustration/CGI
- Search by Date
- Search by Creative commons licenses – Commercial use, modifiable
9) Stock.Xchng – http://www.sxc.hu/
10) Tineye – http://www.tineye.com
With this we conclude the topic on Image Search Engines, we hope that you liked this post and found it useful. Share it with others and let them know about these useful search engines as well!